Support Group and Patient Education Class
Spinal Cord Injury Support Group
The group is held the second Tuesday of every month from 6-8 p.m. in the Spinal Cord Injury gym at UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute.
Each month features a special topic or speaker. We always look for member ideas for group topics.
Goals of the Support Group:
- Provide peer support to individuals with spinal cord injuries (SCI)
- Educate group members about community resources relevant to SCI
- Provide an opportunity for individuals living with SCI in community to interact with people with new injuries currently doing inpatient rehabilitation
- Offer an opportunity for sharing of knowledge regarding adaptive techniques and devices
- Clarify misconceptions of living with SCI
Spinal Cord Injury Patient Education
Classes are offered every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
11:30 a.m.-12 noon
For help getting here, please visit our Directions page.
For more information or to make an appointment, please call the University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute Scoliosis and Spine Center at 410-448-6780.