About the Rheumatology Division
For more information about the Rheumatology Division or to make an appointment, please call 410-448-6398 or 1-800-373-4111 (physicians).
The Rheumatology Division
offers the most advanced diagnosis and treatment for patients with arthritis
and other rheumatic diseases.
The division works closely with physical and occupational therapists, orthopaedic surgeons and the Center for Integrative Medicine to offer comprehensive patient management.
Some of the conditions evaluated and treated by the division include:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
- Sjogren's syndrome
- Crystal-induced arthritis
- Comprehensive rheumatologic evaluations
- Multidisciplinary evaluation
- Center for Integrative Medicine
- State-of-the-art medical treatment
- Infusion facility for administration of intravenous medications
- Clinical trials for evaluation of promising new drug therapies for management of arthritis and SLE
- Basic laboratory investigations on the immunology of SLE, immunological abnormalities
in scleroderma and mechanisms of T-cell activation
- Factors associated with the development and progression of osteoarthritis
- Bone loss in older men and women
Services to Physicians
- Consultation on complicated cases
- Second opinions
- Special treatments or procedures
- Short-term and long-term management
For More Information:
For more information or to make an appointment, please call 410-448-6398 or 1-800-373-4111 (physicians).